Monday, November 22, 2010

My Thing.!

Today this sudden thought struck into my stupid brain. Why am I into this visual communication? Why am I into this creative media? What I really want in my life? And loads of craps like that.!!

Hmmm let me go through the choices I had for college! What if I was an Engineering student? I got a 160 something cut off which would surely get me settled in a local engineering college. Many of my class mates scoring less than mine are learning (!) engineering in some college (I have no clue about the name of the institution (!)). Screw it. Let’s consider if I was in an Engineering College!! I completely suck in Physics and Chemistry but, I have a love towards Math (definitely not the higher level mathematics). Though I seriously don’t have guts to flunk over my semesters, I’d have never passed my internals.! So Engineering was a bad idea for me! Then came the choice of me choosing an M.Sc. in  software..!! GOD.! That was really a bad idea.! 5 yrs in the same college with same science that I dreaded all over my school life is definitely not a better option.! Engineering would have been better than me choosing this one.! B.Sc Maths? That was really a boring thing to do I guessed. A set of boring students, Boring teachers… Man that’s gonna be really tough said my mind voice.! Then came the choice of so many B.sc which all the parents will feel comfortable to join their kids(!) in.! But it was a BIG NO from me for all the choices!

What only I want then? I thought that most of the choices that I was given above was totally not mine.! Then came the crave of becoming a fashion designer.! WOW I thought. A bunch of creative students as my class mates, a set of freaking cool teacher, creativity all the time and nothing to sit and mug up about.! And this thought made me think that fashion designing was my thing.! I tried hard to get into India’s no 1 institute NIFT! And I half made my dream.! Cleared out the tests.! All India ranking of about 412 I guess that waitlisted me for the group discussion session.! Then came this huge thing. The counseling (not the engineering college thing) at Delhi that was not at all possible for me to go as my grandma was sick.! God.!!! End to my dream. I have a attitude.! If I don’t get it where I want I never ever wanna get it in my life.! I know it’s a stupid attitude.! But I am helpless about it.! And thus fashion designing was out of my hands that I still regret about.!

Then I thought ‘ok creativity and enjoyment is what I wanted’. So visual communication was my other choice.! Weird set of creative freaks all around the college taking photographs creating something painting the rooms and what not I thought.! The thought of viscom gave refreshment.! Advertising, public relations or event management being my majors I thought I’d surely enjoy these three years like a total freak.! And the sight of the dull biscuit colour walls surely made me sleepy on the first day.! Though few of my friends were really freaks or just people who are born to party (guys) and gossip (girls), the syllabus was not like what I thought.! May be I expected more… May be fashion designing was also the same… I really had no idea.! Still I loved the subjects though they were not as practical as I thought.! But now I am here into being a PRO or an event manager or a journalist (!). This will be me for the up coming years.! Yes I m loving it.! No regrets about it.! And that is why I chose viscom.!

7 comments:

  1. hahha...same shit happen to me!! bt in my case it was either b.com or bbm!!
    its a gud blog i say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well,its great to know how ppl landup for viscom,i had to put a fight to get there;)
    it was the craziest time!!
    be proud to be a viscom n standout!!!
    all the best anisha:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @abbas: welcome to the club :P
    @aithi: danku so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one!
    It was d same with mine :)
    i was abt to Join B.sc.IT ,
    then Catering, then had plans for Marine engineering.
    But finally Landed into GRD for d gr8 Viscom n still cldnt come out of it doin ma Mass Com too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. its good that you didnt choose a engg. stream if you are not really in interested in it...beacause the current generetion are looking for making their passion as their job..and not looking forward for a "JUST A NORMAL JOB"..ok...from my 1st look at your picture...i can make out that you have a good choise of bright colours..so it makes you stand appart from others..and the designe in it is also decent and good(not too much nor less just enough to look beautifull)..and u have good sence of fashion too..a desent looking banggle on 1 hand...which is just not decent but attracts ones eye on it on the 1st look itself...and a watch on the other hand..which is according to the trend..a red strap(thats all i can see) watch to blend perfectly with the bright colour dress..and so i guess u might doing well and good in fashion desigening stream...BUT.. thats from the picture...after reading your articles..you make so use of so good rich words to express your feelings and often its found that people find it diffcult to understand due to the vocabulary..but this was not the problem in ur text...and i can conclude that you are going to do even better here than in fashion designeing...that i garuntee you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. heyyy danku bennie for ur comment.. made me feel awesome :D :D
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete